Sat, Mar 09|
Core Strength Intensive Day
A workshop combining physical therapy, traditional Pilates exercises, and dance-specific core strengthening movements to enhance stability and control in dance technique.
Time & Location
Mar 09, 2024, 10:00 AM EST – Mar 10, 2024, 11:00 AM EDT
About the event
This workshop will focus on the following areas of the body:
- How to find a neutral core and take pressure off your pelvis
- How to keep hips level and square during ballet class
- Transverse abdominis and how it assists in holding neutral spine
- How to stop sitting in your hip through use of the core
- Proper education of what the core consists of
- How to strengthen the core without negatively effecting your posture
What to bring to the workshop?
- A yoga mat
- A pilates ball (small child's play ball not weighted)
- A large stability ball
If you do not have any of these supplies you're more than welcome to purchase them from my Amazon store before the time of class. Please note I do receive a small comission and your support is greatly appreciated. Click here.
This class is suitable for dancers or non-dancers of ages 10+. Partipants may join live or register to obtain a recorded copy of this workshop. This workshop will not be available to re-watch unless you have registered for a spot to receive the recording link on Zoom.
This is a non-edited recording and will be open for you to download for 10 days from the date of workshop being held live. You may keep this download and re-watch as many times as you'd like!
- Ticket type
Core and posture workshopSale ends: Mar 09, 10:10 AM EST
Mar 09, 10:10 AM ESTPrice$10.00